The harsher the working environment the greater the demand on engineering standards, and non-standard then becomes the norm. Custom-design and engineering fulfil this need to give the reliability and performance demanded.
The Lafert Brake Motor series is engineered according to the client's specification. Total control over all aspects of production permits multiple design options including flanges, shafts, brakes plus optimum resistance to external agents and hostile environments for paints, seals, and magnet surfaces.
The result is a range of AC motors produced entirely in-house which incorporates Lafert’s own technical solutions for achieving high efficiency and performance, combined with the option for application-specific customization.
AMBY SERIES - High torque, DC Brake: fitted with a DC brake with double braking surface and have high step-adjustable braking torque (Mf>1.5Mn) this ensures precise and reliable braking.
The series offers very quiet and progressive braking typical of DC brakes and for this reason it is the recommended option for all industry applications where noise must be reduced or for executions with a very high number of starts/hour.
- Frame sizes: 63 to 160
- Power: 0.12 to 22kW
- Poles: 2, 4, 6, 8 (two speed on demand)
- Insulation class F
- Degree of protection: IP54 (for 63 to 112); IP55 (for 132 and 160); IP56 (on request)
- Efficiency level IE1 - IE2 - IE3
- Braking torque: 1.8 to 250Nm
- Spring-applied electromagnetic brake without power supply with step-adjustable braking torque
- Brake discs with double braking surface, fitted with friction materials without asbestos
- Power supply with rectifier (always via the terminal board): 230V 50/60Hz, others on request
- cURus certification (cURus Energy on request)
- CCC certification
- Other power supply with rectifier (always via the terminal board)
- Rectifiers for fast braking and release
- Executions for yaw applications on wind turbines (even Off shore)
- Silenced execution for theatres
- EN81 certification
- Anti-sticking executions
- Executions with brake parts in stainless steel
- Shaft ends (both LC and LOC) in stainless steel
- Wide range of special execution (encoder, axial forced-ventilation, brake hand release lever, flywheel,..)
- Wide range of surface painting/finish